Thursday, April 11, 2013

What I am doing on a Thursday night...

My hubby is gone on a rescue squad call so I am... 

Clipping coupons for a huge shopping trip this weekend.  We have lived off the grocery stash for almost a month now, so its time to restock the pantry!  I will be getting, among other things, 12 boxes of cereal for only $5.72!  That works out to be about .48 cents per box!! (Cheerios, Multi Grain Cheerios and Cocoa Puffs)

I have been reading this book, recommended by my sis in law.  She got to meet the author, Paul Stutzman, while hiking the Appalachian Trail (read day 9).  How awesome is that!  So far the book has been wonderful and and I am getting bit by the hiker bug!  I wish I could be out there hiking with my sis!  I also read another book, A Walk in the Woods, by Bill Bryson, about the trail and I loved it too!  Maybe I will have to put hiking on this trail on my "Bucket List"...

Did you know that there is a trail in Wisconsin that is about 1,000 miles long called the Ice Age National Scenic Trail  Maybe I can hike some of this one!  Part of it is only about 65 miles from my house!  That's doable for a weekend trip!




I am also listening to classical music and looking at quilt patterns for some more inspiration, Aunt Suzie called and needs a quilt set for a new baby in May.  The theme is twinkle, twinkle little star and I will hopefully combine traditional with modern!  I have some ideas that will hopefully work, I just need to make a few test blocks to see if whats in my head translates to fabric!

I still can't decide on a pattern for this fabric.  I had the choices narrowed down to two but then I looked at some magazines and books and of course the internet and that all went out the window!  Maybe I need to set this aside for a bit until the star quilt is done...

Happy Quilting!
Linking up with Live a Colorful Life for Really Random Thursday

4 comments:

  1. I think I would enjoy reading about hiking rather than actually doing the hiking. But that's just me. :) Classical music is so soothing. Can't wait to see what you come up with for that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors! I think you should do this quilt like the elephant quilts you made a while back, that way you can feature the pretty charm pack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeni - You should definitely hike some of the AT if you get a chance. I live in Georgia not far from Springer Mtn (which is where the beginning or endof the trail is depending on where you start from)And it is beautiful. I've tried collecting coupons but I am not very consistent with it! Have fun!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby and I are going to try to get to Harper's Ferry to meet my sis at the half way point and hike for a day with her. We just have to work out the logistics and timing, hopefully it will be possible!

      Delete