Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Appalachian Trail Humor

As you may know, my Sister in Law is hiking the Appalachian Trail...she started on March 21 and has been on the trail for about 21 days now.  I had to borrow this from her blog( Hiking The Appalachian Trail) because her song is hilarious! For more laughs read Day 12!!!  When I read this post (day 12), I was waiting for my son to get x rays done at the childrens hospital and I laughed out loud and received many dirty looks from other waiting parents.  I had to do something to be entertained, the wait time posted was 90 minutes from original appointment time!!  Anyhow, here is Day 17, which made me laugh just as much!!

Day 17 (4/6/13)
My back is feeling better after a good nights sleep. The hike today seemed sooo long! I ended getting to the shelter around 6pm and went to bed shortly after. I've been hearing a lot of grouse drumming lately so the song 12 days of Christmas was stuck in my head. The only part I could remember was "and a partridge in a pear tree" so I made my own lyrics. 
This is what mine sounded like: 
12 white blazes
11 downed trees
10 stoned hikers
9 roots to trip on
8 moldering privies
7 types of wild flowers
6 mountain tops
5 zero days
4 birds a singing
3 crazy hiking partners
2 tired feet
And a partridge on the AT.



1 comment:

  1. 10 stoned hikers? What are they doing out there?

    ReplyDelete