Monday, April 15, 2013

What a busy day!

Wow, what a day!  We are finally home for the day and what a busy day it has been!  Today my youngest daughter had to go to her ENT doctor in Madison for a hearing test and check up.  She ended up having a tube removed from her right ear and it hurt!  She gave me the stink eye for a while because I let the doctor take it out.  Dr.  McMurray told her that the "Tube Fairy"  would come tonight now that she has both tubes to put out.  The "Tube Fairy" is the Tooth Fairy's not so pretty cousin, hmmm news to me!!!  Thanks Dr McMurray!!! Stay tuned to see what the "Tube Fairy" will bring!  To cheer my little girl up we went to...
And we had lots of fun, then we went to the fabric store and I had even more fun!  And , of course, bought MORE fabric...I have an idea rolling around in my head that has to be put into fabric as soon as possible!  I will try to start that tomorrow after the Spring Fling at my two youngest kids school.
We then had to stop at a couple of stores for groceries and had a long ride home.  Then came making supper...then off to the local quilt shop for my daughters Girl Scout Troop to learn how to sew.  We had 12 girls and it was crazy but lots of fun for all.  The best part for me was sewing on vintage Singer sewing machines! Here is what we made...
I had to guide the fabric while my little one worked the foot pedal, she was too short to do both!  This one was tough for me, we had to teach the girls how to pin the seams, which is something I very rarely do myself. I just put the pieces together and go!  But I did do it correctly for the sake of teaching.  We also taught a mom how to sew and she was buying fabric when I left and another mom was asking about a beginning quilters class!  I also found MORE fabric that I want for me, I may need help with my fabric addiction!  On second thought, no I don't!!!
I love the fabric the ladies at the shop chose, I am lovin' all the orange I've been seeing.  I love it so much I bought some today myself!

Happy Quilting!!!

Linking up with Live a Colorful Life

and

Crazy Mom Quilts Finish It Up Friday

3 comments:

  1. The tube fairy, that's a new one! I love all the oranges too and your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pillow and pattern! I would never come up with the colors you chose but they look so good together. It's so much fun quilting with kids, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You DID have a busy day! The pattern is so cute and it's nice any time kids start sewing.

    ReplyDelete