Thursday, March 28, 2013

Just a sandwich....and some stats!

I have been on this gluten free diet for one month now and its been tough!!  The three things I have been craving the most have been cookies, pizza and a sandwich.  OK, I should say dreaming about, thinking about and imagining eating all of it! Well, I took care of the cookie craving and the choc chip cookies have been heaven!  Tonight I had a turkey and cheese sandwich and it was a party in my mouth!  It was so good, I had to take a picture! 
I have to tell you, the gluten free bread I bought tastes awful by itself!  I let my kids try it and they told me that they feel sorry for me-ha, ha,ha!  I have to send a big thank you to the lady that told me to butter and toast the bread first in a pan...that makes all the difference in the world!  This weekend I'm having gluten free pizza and I'm beside myself with excitement, oh, and I get to see family for Easter too ....

OK, on to the stats!  I had a lot of people ask me about my household "stash" from all my couponing.   There have been a lot of great deals for health and beauty and laundry items lately, so I'll give those numbers...keep in mind that even thought these numbers seem insane, there are 6 people in my house, I donate items to charity and I try to keep about 6 months to a years worth of products on hand (only for HBA and laundry items) food is a different story!

Currently in the rotation...
Laundry soap- 14 bottles or 404 loads
Dryer sheets-3 boxes or 140 loads
Dishwasher pacs-6 boxes or 120 loads
Disinfecting wipes-12 canisters or 420 wipes
Deodorant-19
Toothpaste-19 tubes
Body wash-45 bottles
Shampoo/conditioner-45 Bottles
Shave gel-19 cans
and the kids favorite...boxes of cereal-25
And everything I either got for free or for less than $1 each!!!  I'm not like the people on tv that get everything for free but I do pretty well I think.  If I can get a deal I stock up, and of course, I follow the rules for each store.  And to answer the question "how much time do you spend couponing each week?"  I usually do a big shopping trip every two weeks so on the shopping week I spend anywhere from 2 to 8 hours matching sales and coupons, clipping and writing a detailed list of all transactions and all totals so I know before I get to the store how much I am spending.  Put it this way, I can fill the backseat and the hatch of my Ford Escape for $150 to $200.  When I say fill, I mean no one can ride in the backseat only me and one other person can go!

Have a Happy Easter!!


Linking up with Live a Colorful Life-Really Random Thursday

2 comments:

  1. yes, I've been thinking about trying to eliminate gluten as well. I bought some cup4cup flour because I heard it was very good but it was so expensive that I have to get my will power "on" before I try it ! they have lots of recipes on their site and a pizza dough too (cup4cup.com) I have no relation to this business.
    Have you noticed any results to make the restrictions worthwhile ?

    ReplyDelete