Friday, March 8, 2013

Mommy Elephants-Finished!!

These last few weeks have been rough for me!  I lost my quilting mojo, had some ongoing health issues get worse, the kids-the hubby and me are busy, busy, busy going in different directions!  But this week has been a turn around for me.  I went to the doctor and he had me start a gluten free diet and for the first time in years I have felt good!   I'm still learning the ropes for gluten free cooking and reading every food label before I eat but since I feel so much better, I'm cool with it!  My youngest son says I'm in a better mood this week...ouch I did not realize that, hope I will be forgiven!

  And I finally finished the Mommy Elephants quilt!
Can you believe I took this picture in the dark?  (I have an external flash that I bounce off the ceiling) My kids were amazed.
Here's a close up...
The quilting is almost like the Baby Elephants quilt.  These will be going to Maine for my sis-in-laws friend and baby sometime this week!

The next big project will be cleaning and organizing my sewing room!

Happy Quilting everyone!

Linking up with Finish it up Friday at Crazy mom Quilts and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Confessions of a Fabric Addict

3 comments:

  1. love your quilt! favorite colours of mine!! & congrats on the diet diagnosis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet quilt!! Love those elephants! Good luck on the cleaning and organizing!

    Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors! I have a new love for elephants as we just had a women's church meeting on how mommy elephants are some of best nurturers and protectors in the animal world. They can fight off lions to protect their babies and they mother all the babies in the herd, not just their own. I hope the recipients love it.

    ReplyDelete