Thursday, March 7, 2013

Really Random Thursday

This week has been crazy!  My kids have been going in all different directions, my hubby is in EMT training/classes, I had to go to a seminar in Madison for my job and on Monday I had to go to the doctor.  My doc had me start a gluten free diet and it has been hard.  I can't eat 95% of the food in my pantry!  And there is not much available gluten free food in the small town I live in so a shopping trip is in order!  I hope I can find coupons for this new food!  I also have to read ALL ingredient labels for ALL food I eat!  Goodbye cookies, cake, pie, bread, all the things I love!  I will miss you immensely, more than you know.  My kids have also shared their yucky cold with me, so that's the cherry on top of this crazy week!

Anyhow, on to the the fun stuff!   Here's a sneak peek at what I am working on...I will have a finish for Friday!
Mommy Elephants turned out awesome and I want to keep it too!  Happy quilting everyone!



Linking up with Really Random Thursday at Live a Colorful Life Live a Colorful Life


5 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new diet. I would miss all those yummy items, too! Hopefully you will feel better as a result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni, trust me, it will be okay! I am sitting here eating a gluten-free, dairy-free homemade banana chocolate chip muffin and it's wonderful. Been GF since 2006. You can do it! Let me know if you want any tips or recipes. There is a lot more information and support out there now than there was just a few years ago. It's an adjustment, but you will be fine and probably feel so much better. All the best!

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I'm in Wis. too, not far from Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a super good friend who is celiac, so I agree--good luck on your gluten-free diet. It's fortunate that there are now many more restaurants who have gluten-free menus, and also I think it's getting easier, finally, to find gluten-free items in the grocery stores. Although I think it's pretty sad that you have to pay so much more for gluten-free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your GF journey.

    There are many food choice.

    ReplyDelete