Friday, March 1, 2013

Finished Baby Elephants

It's done!!!!  And it makes me so happy, but I still have to quilt and bind the Mommy Elephants quilt.

For the quilting lines, I used a decorative wavy stitch to soften all the hard straight lines and I LOVE how it turned out...

Here is the backing...
Of course, it had to be polka dots!  I'm not sure which side I love more, the front or the back, actually I love it ALL!  I think I found my quilting mojo again!  That makes me Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

Also I have other good news...my town now has its very own quilt shop!  Again, Happy, Happy, Happy!!!  They opened today!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts Finish It Up Friday

6 comments:

  1. Love the colors in baby elephants. So, you quilted in the same color as the fabric? changing the thread color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a lot of thread changes to match the fabric colors (bobbins color is black) starting from the center out. It took a while but well worth it in the end. I think I will do almost the same for the moms quilt. By the way I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those elephants! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilting! Oh how I want to try the fluffy backing fabrics! Looks wonderful! And congrats on the new LQS! I am glad I don't have one too close to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this fabric! Your quilting is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, the polka dot backing looks so soft!

    ReplyDelete