Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thank You Mozart!

I work in retail, so I talk to a lot of customers every day.  Many I consider friends and many know I am a self taught quilter.  One customer in particular had been on my blog and read this post...and asked how things were going since I lost my quilting mojo.  Hmmmm, better thanks to Mozart!  This really confused her and she asked what does Mozart have to do with quilting?  Well, the answer to that is...  I love music and have different playlists on my iPod that I listen to at every stage of the quilt making process.  Classical is the playlist of choice for the actual quilting, most of which is Mozart!  She also asked me why I have a chihuahua (she does NOT like Chihuahuas)  Here is the answer

Remember these Taco Bell dogs?  The commercials were so cute and I vowed to someday have a chihuahua of my own...
 Isn't she cute?  Don't let that fool you, she is opinionated, snotty, a spoiled brat and itchy with a B. But that is also what I love about her, although, I will say I will never have another chihuahua again!!  Very tough to train!  And, YES, I did make her a snow suit for the cold Wisconsin winters!

Under my Taco Bell dogs is one completed quilt which I will post tomorrow!

Linking up with Live a Colorful Life for Really Random Thursday Live a Colorful Life

P.S. There is your answer Mary  :0)

3 comments:

  1. Cute puppy...look forward to seeing your quilt. The colors intrigue me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your dog is adorable! Hope your quilting mojo is back, because that can be so frustrating. I've experienced that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love music too. In fact, I always mean to catch up on TV episodes during quilting but end up listening to music instead. And I grew up listening to classical so I know what you mean about Mozart, although Rachmaninoff is my personal favorite. Variations on a Theme by Paganini--best classical music written. Ever.

    Okay, so anyway. When I was little we had a chihuahua named Pepi. High-strung, moody, etc. And I really wanted a Barbie doll. And I think my parents were looking for an excuse to pass the chihuahua on to someone who would appreciate her more. So they asked if I would be willing to get rid of the chihuahua in exchange for them buying me a Barbie doll. Yes. True story.

    ReplyDelete