Saturday, February 9, 2013

Baby Elephants

Last week I started a quilt set for my Sis-in-Law's friend and new baby.  I have the baby's top done and all the blocks for mom's quilt are sewn and ready to put together.  I had a really hard time cutting into the elephant fabric, it's just so cute, and I did not have room for error since I only had so much fabric.


Originally both quilts were supposed to match but after I cut the blocks for the mom's quilt I only had one strip left that was just over 8 1/2 inches wide.  I had tried to find more fabric but no luck!  So I changed the baby's pattern and luckily my Sis liked it... And now that it's done I found more fabric!  I hate it when that happens!!!  But I love how this turned out...I also found out that the baby is a girl and she was born with a pulmonary embolism  but she is doing OK now.




My birthday is coming up this week so my Hubby and I are going out to dinner and of course birthday present shopping!  Now I just have to figure out what I want/need for the sewing room!!


And here's something I just had to add...If you've looked through my blog you'll see that I am one of those coupon shoppers, so I just had to post this from a recent shopping trip at Kmart...

Retail value before sales, points and coupons $43.28
Paid after sales, points and coupons $9.98
And so just like my fabric stash, the food and supply stash grows too!

Happy Quilting everyone!!!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! how often can you save that kind of money on your shopping? I love the colors you choose to go along with your baby elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I usually save 40 to 50% on the average, it's only once in a while that things work out like this! As for the colors, I can't take credit, my sis in law chose them! But I think I taught her well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one adorable quilt, Jeni! Love how you "made it work"!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get the other quilt done, it really features the elephants. I hope to have both quilted and ready to be sent to Maine....

      Delete
  4. That is so CUTE!! I am so in love with the elephant fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete