Sunday, June 30, 2013

Making Memories

My family and I had a wonderful weekend camping trip having fun and making memories!  We camped at Pike's Peak and explored the town of McGregor, IA which has many antique shops.  I found lots beautiful antique quilts, but, I forgot my camera on that little trip!  We also stopped here...
Valley Fish & Cheese, Prairie Du Chien, WI
I tried alligator jerky...it wasn't too bad, but I did not take any home!  Instead we bought smoked Atlantic Salmon-everyone liked it but me, I'm not a fan of fish of any kind!

My oldest daughter rode a sturgeon...
And got new running shoes...
Now she has tread covers for another few hundred miles!

My youngest son shook an "old fisherman's" hand...


My youngest daughter was afraid of these...She absolutely hates anything taxidermy!!!



We played some bean bags...

And my oldest son had to work all weekend but his girlfriend camped in his place and we all decided that we want to adopt her!

And as soon as we got home my youngest daughter started asking about when her quilt will be done and could I start it right away?
The pattern she chose...


The fabrics we both chose...

The backing I chose...

Now I just need to find the time, this week is looking really busy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day! I hear you on the seafood. I dont touch it either. People are forever telling me such and such doesnt TASTE like fish. IT ALL TASTES LIKE FISH! :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete