Monday, June 17, 2013

Quilts and tears...

Yes, I have been quiet for the last few days but I am bouncing back.  I had the PLAN in place and I worked on the three quilts for Aunt Suzie on Saturday and on Sunday I got a call telling me that my best friend's mom had passed away.  So, I cried while I quilted and quilted while I cried and sifted through my memories of Cheryl.  She was a very generous, strong, tell it like it is, take it or leave it, live my life my way kind of lady!   She will be greatly missed by many...

Last Wednesday (June 12) I finished the last of the binding and called my best friend to get her out of the house for some talk time and reminiscing memories of mom and we headed out to deliver the quilts.  We ended up in really bad storms but we made it!
Here's what Aunt Suzie asked for...



A Wisconsin Badgers receiving blanket

 A puppy themed quilt


And a mini quilt to match the puppy quilt

I LOVE how the Badger blanket turned out!  Its simple but very striking in these colors...Now that these are done my youngest daughter is begging for her cowgirl quilt to be made so that will be next on the quilting agenda!  My quilt for ME will just have to wait a little bit longer!

Linking up with...


and 

No comments:

Post a Comment