Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Shovel Cover?????

Yes that title is correct!  My son, who is a Boy Scout (and 16 yrs old) asked me to make him a shovel cover this afternoon.  You want a what?  Yes, a shovel cover! So after I finished his quilt I made a template and got to work...

Here is the shovel, its a compact folding one made for camping and hiking and it has a telescoping handle.

I made a template...


Then of course it had to be quilted...  Here's the front
And the back...

After I made it, I realized it matches his camping backpack!

 And here is my son with his quilt and shovel...  He is so funny!  (Sorry about his messy room!)

I wonder what other crazy ideas he'll come up with next!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict

2 comments:

  1. I think you rose to the occasion !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! He told me it is "awesome" so I guess that translates to "thanks, mom, I love it"...

    ReplyDelete