Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Farm Babies II Goes to the Farm!

Yesterday I finished my Farm Babies II quilt, so today I took it to the family farm for a quick photo shoot...The top is almost identical to the first Farm Babies except the first and last squares are scrappy (I didn't have enough fabric for those two squares), the binding is scrappy (I cut the binding before I realized I still needed two more squares), the backing is farm and the quilting is different.  I used a variegated thread called sunny day (oranges and yellows) for the quilting.  I love how it turned out, but I think I love every quilt when they are finally done and ready for the new babies!



I found the cutest farm flannel for the backing at my LQS...


Now on to the next quilts...as many kids quilts as I can make in the next few weeks!

Linking Up With...


3 comments:

  1. This is a perfect baby quilt! I love the scrappy blocks at the beginning and end...I would tell people you planned it that way from the beginning. Thanks for sharing on TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jeni,

    What a sweet quilt! I always think scrappy designs are ideal for babies' quilts - and yours even has scrappy binding - even better!

    Love from England, Muv

    ReplyDelete