Saturday, September 7, 2013

Field Trip...

This morning my oldest daughter ran at a Cross Country meet in Verona and afterwards my hubby, daughter and I went to Madison to the...
I went last year and had major sensory overload and ran out of money!  This year I went prepared for the crowd and with more money but I only bought two charm packs.  Go figure! A word of warning though, it is pricey just to get in the door, for the three of us it was $33.50 for admission and parking!
I go "Glamping" every time I go camping!  My camper has two kitchens, my own bedroom and bathroom and a place to hook up my ipod and charge my phone and did I mention we have a TV, too?...I don't like to "rough it"!  So this is destined to become a quilt for the camper! Or should I say a quilt for me when I camp!


  I also wanted to try playing with a long-arm quilting machine but most of them I was afraid to try!  Too many buttons and gadgets-I am a simple girl!  However, we stopped at this booth...
 The model I played on was perfect, simple just like me!  Now I need to find an extra $7000 laying around so I can bring one home...

Some of the quilts on display were amazing!  The only thing that disappointed me was a lot of them looked alike or some variation of these, there must be a trend going for this type...


Don't get me wrong, these are beautiful but way too busy and not something I even remotely want to make!  Again that's just my lowly opinion!

And this is the quilt that inspired me the most to possibly make someday...
Simple, inspiring, striking...maybe someday I'll make it...ok its on my quilting bucket list now!

This one was the most amazing in my opinion...
I think it was called Persephone's Garden, the detail up close was insanely mind blowing!  The roses were made from velvet!  I voted for this one for peoples choice award.

This quilt was the funniest...The Cereal Killer Strikes Again!
This is what my kitchen looks like after breakfast some days!

The best part of the day...the hubby said it wasn't too bad!  Maybe I can drag him back next year!


1 comment:

  1. I went to the expo to and had a lot of fun but my husband would never go with me, you are so lucky that he would go with you!

    ReplyDelete