Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WIP and highlights from Wisconsin Quilt Expo

This is my WIP for this week... I just need to add the last two border strips and get to the quilting and binding.  This quilt is going to be donated to help out a family in my town.  Jody battled breast cancer two years ago and is now battling stage 4 brain cancer and medical bills as well as everyday bills and adding up,  so my hometown is pulling together to help raise money to hopefully ease the financial burden.



And now some of the amazing quilts from the........Wisconsin Quilt Expo!!!
This year was the first time I have been able to go in the five years since my first quilt.  Last year I had to have surgery on the first day of the Expo.  My plan was to hijack a wheelchair and go but it turned out to be major surgery!  So this year I made it happen and I had sensory/fabric/pattern/gadget overload!  After my daughters cross country meet I grabbed her and we took off for Madison.  I talked to so many quilters and had lots of laughs.  The thing I laughed about the most was all the ladies and a few men dragging luggage on wheels, packed to overflowing with quilting goodies, through the crowd.  I was even run over a few times!!!  I'm going to save my pennies until next year and go with a bunch of money!  This year I bought just one charm pack!  Just one-there was so much to see/buy I just could not make up my mind!

Here are some of the quilts that caught my eye (and my daughter's)















I also came to the realization that I am a "modern" quilter for sure!   Among all the traditional quilt booths I found only one "modern" booth.  To me it was a breath of fresh air but I did not get a picture of it...but here is a link Modern Quilts Illustrated Magazine to see some of the quilts that were there.

Also visit Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment