Friday, September 14, 2012

Diamonds in the Rough...

"Diamonds in the Rough"  seemed to be the right name for this one.  I know a few diamonds that are going through rough times right now!  It's going to into a silent auction to help a family in my hometown.  Jody fought breast cancer two years ago, so of course there had to be pink, and now she is battling stage 4 brain cancer.  I chose a backing that has gray and black flowers since gray is the color for brain cancer.





A close up of the block


And on to the next project which is going to be for my youngest son.  When I first started quilting, I jokingly told my kids that if they ever had to have surgery I would make them a quilt.  This little guy of mine will be getting his third quilt for surgery this week!  One for adenoids, one for a hernia and now one for removing a bone tumor in his ankle...  Surprisingly he is happy to have the surgery so he can recover and hopefully be ready for wrestling in December!  Leave it to a kid to be that positive about surgery!!!  I know when I had to go in I was NOT happy about it!


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt! I hope it does well in the auction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful cause - one that is near & dear to my heart - and what a beautiful quilt! I hope your little guy will be back at it again soon. He has such a great attitude, it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and a beautiful gesture for a worthy cause. Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful comments! I am hoping to find out this week how much money was raised to help this wonderful family. There was a whole day of events planned which included a bowling tournament, bean bag tournament, a dinner and the silent auction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I hope it raised lots of money at the auction. And best wishes to your son for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete