Thursday, November 14, 2013

Kitchen Make Over Part One

This is where I started...
I have hated my kitchen from day one!  The house was built in the 70's so this was the quick update I originally did about 8 years ago...it was a an improvement, but I still hated it!  I took the week off from work and have been busy!

First, I had to remove the wallpaper border (what was I thinking when I put that up?) and then remove this wallpaper from behind the fridge...Bicentennial from 1976, the year I was born!

I made a huge mess...but this is semi cleaned up!

It seams like I have been painting for days and days, I chose Magnetic Force (a deep wine/burgundy color) for my backslpash  and soffit and I am going to end up doing 5 coats by the time I'm done!  What was I thinking?!  I hate painting!  The other walls are called Family Crest which is a beautiful light green.  Now my next dilemma is whether or not to paint the cabinets.  I have a cream color chosen but I am not 100% sure I should paint them and we are possibly going to sell the house, so I'm thinking of maybe stripping them.

And finally this is my project for the day...
Clear the hubby's desk, move it out of the way or take it apart, remove the border and paint the wall.

And paint yet another coat of Magnetic Force...

And keep these two out of trouble!  Don't let them fool you, they are not sweet innocent puppies!  They are tornadoes with legs!


Linking up with Live A Colorful Life Really Random Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - that's some serious work! I dont like doing the actual painting either, but I do love to pick colors. :) Sounds like it will be lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going, this is the worst part but it will all be worth it when you are done! I've done a few remodels and they seem to take forever but the results are always worth it! By the way, I love painting, so for me that's the best part!

    ReplyDelete